PO Box 4141
1097 Main Street
St. Johnsbury, VT 05819
(offstreet parking only unless by special arrangement)
This office is handicap accessible.
Monday through Friday by appointment, with limited availability on evenings.
Call 802-274-6400 to make an appointment
Take exit 20 off rt 91 and head toward St Johnsbury on Railroad Street. At the first stop sign in town, after Anthony's Diner, take a left. Go up Eastern Ave to the end of the road. You will see the library straight ahead and the post office right next to the Library. Take a left onto Main St and 1097 is the 4th building on the right, beige in color with green and red trim. There is no on-site parking except by special arrangement.
Sara J. Demetry, LICSW accepts many insurances including (but not limited to) Medicaid, Medicare, Blue Cross and Blue Shield, Cigna, MVP and CBA.
Some people choose to pay privately for services rather than go through their insurance company. Sliding scale is available depending on income. If you are using insurance, there may be a co-payment or deductible required by your insurance company.
I comply with HIPAA regulations regarding privacy of your personal and health information. A copy of my privacy notice is available upon request.
- Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker since 1993 with Masters Degree in Clinical Social Work from Boston University in 1991.
- Certified as an Internal Family Systems therapist.
- Certified as an EMDR therapist.
- Completed required training in Jin Shin Jyutsu to qualify as a practitioner in 2006.
- Other training in Accelerated Experientially Dynamic Psychotherapy, Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy and Hypnotherapy.
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Member in good standing, National Association of Social Workers
- Northeastern Vermont NVC
- The Center for Self Leadership